These photos show history as you’ve never been taught.
1. Two boys in France look on at the aftermath of D-Day.
2. Steven Spielberg snaps photos of miniatures made for Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark.
3. The Miss Lovely Eyes contestants in Florida, 1930.
4. World War I sound finders used to find the direction of enemy planes.
5. Women wore wooden bathing suits in 1929 because they were supposed to make them more buoyant.
6. Operation Babylift transported orphaned babies who’d lost their parents during the Vietnam war in 1975.
7. A black police officer protects a member of the KKK during a rally.
8. Fidel Castro and Che Guevara fishing, 1960.
9. A Soviet soldier chases a Czech man after throwing rocks at a tank, 1968.
10. A group of people in Paris avoid talking through the flooded streets in 1924.
11. A 1967 portable TV concept.
12. In 1942, women painted their legs to look like they were wearing stockings.
13. Salvador Dali and his pet anteater, 1969.
14. Hats in NYC, 1939.
15. A woman in a London dress shop waits for her crinoline hoops to be finished.
16. Test pilot George Aird ejects himself from an English Electric Lightning F-1 after losing control.
17. Women go boxing on the roof in 1930.
18. On man refuses to do the Nazi salute, 1936
19. A policeman judges a 1930 ankle contest.
20. A keg delivery for troops fighting in Normandy.